- The Embassy
- The UAE
- Business & Trade
- Travel & Culture
- UAE-US Relations
- UAE Nationals
Legalization of Documents
All documents must be submitted by hand or sent to the following address:
Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
3522 International Court, NW
Washington, DC 20008
The Embassy accepts money orders or cashier's check only, made payable to: The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates.
A prepaid, self-addressed return envelope or airway bill is required. Note: do not put the UAE Embassy as the return address. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill. Putting the UAE Embassy name or address anywhere on the envelope or airway bill will result in considerable delays.
The Embassy requires a minimum of 3 business days to process any document.
Please contact the UAE Embassy's Consular Section if you have any questions: (202) 243-2415.
Steps for the Legalization of Documents
- All legal documents need to be attested by the U.S Department of State prior to sending them to the UAE Embassy. For the US Department of State requirements, please call 202-647-4000 or visit their website.
US Department of State
Visit or send the document to the US State Department Authentication Division in Washington DC.
Important: Please have the documents returned to you, not the UAE Embassy. This helps avoid the loss of documents during transit, and confirms that the Department of State processed your document.
Send or bring the authenticated documents along with these items to the UAE Embassy for final authentication:
- Money order or cashier's check with the appropriate fee (list below, fees are per document), payable to The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
- If you send the documents, include a pre-paid self-addressed return envelope. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill.
Corporate and Legal Documents
|Document Type||Fee ($)|
|General Power of Attorney||600|
|Distribution Agreement, Agency...etc||600|
|Article of Incorporation, Registration||600|
|Authorization of Agent||600|
|Certificate of Incorporation||600|
|US Patent Application||600|
|Certificate of Good Standing||30|
|Free Sale Certificate/EP||30|
The UAE Embassy requests the following for educational documents:
- In addition to the US Department of State attestation, please be advised that a Proof of Accreditation is required.
- The educational institution must be located in the US and regionally accredited by NEASC (CIHE), MSA (CHE), NCA (HLC), SACS (COC), NWCCU, or WASC (ACCJC-ACSCU). To show proof of regional accreditation, please visit the CHEA Database of Institutions and Programs and print your institution’s accreditation information.
Personal and Education Documents
|Document Type||Fee ($)|
|Education Document (diplomas, degrees)||30|
|Birth Certificate, Fingerprints, etc.||30|
|Power of Attorney (Personal)||30|
|Certificate of Good Conduct||30|