Frequently Asked Questions
Passports and Visas
- I am an American traveling to the UAE, do I need a visa?
- I am an American traveling to the UAE, what if my stay will be longer than one month?
- I am an American traveling to the UAE, will the UAE allow me entry if I have an Israeli stamp in my passport?
- I am an American citizen traveling to the UAE with my family, but my spouse and/or child is not an American citizen, do they need a visa to travel with me to the UAE?
- I am not an American citizen but I live in the US and have a US green card or US student visa, do I need a visa to travel to the UAE?
Legalization of Documents
- How do I get my diploma, university degree, transcript, birth certificate, death certificate, marriage license, police records, police report, personal power of attorney certified and attested?
- Can the Embassy recommend a service company that will help me legalize my document(s)?
Traveling to the UAE
- Where can I find tourist information?
- Can I bring my pet with me when traveling or moving to the UAE?
Business in the UAE
- How do I establish a business in the UAE? What licensing do I need?
- Can I be added to Embassy press list?
- Can I receive updates on UAE news?
- Where can I find recent press releases or statements?
- How do I obtain credentials to engage in media activities in the United Arab Emirates such as filming videos and reporting; and how do I arrange interviews?
- How can I extend an invitation to the Ambassador to participate in an event?
- Can an Embassy Official speak at an event or to a class?
- Can I intern at the UAE Embassy in Washington, DC?
- I am a student and need information about the UAE culture for a school project.
Last updated 17-May-2012.