- Services & Resources
- UAE-US Relations
- About the UAE
- News & Media
The UAE University in Al Ain was established in 1976. Its mission is as follows:
"UAEU is the premier national university whose mission is to meet the educational and cultural needs of the UAE society by providing programs and services of the highest quality. It contributes to the expansion of knowledge by conducting quality research and by developing and applying modern information technology. It plays a significant role in leading cultural, social and economic development in the country."
For more information about the UAEU, please visit http://www.uaeu.ac.ae/
When you arrive in the US, one of the first things you will want to do after you have settled into your new apartment or home-stay is to open a bank account. (You need to have a permanent mailing address in the United States in order to open the account, so that is why it is better to wait until you know exactly where you will be living.)
Once you open the account and have been issued your personal checks, you will need to write the word “VOID” across one of them and mail or scan/email it to your advisor. The voided check is required in order for the Accounting department to set up your account to receive your monthly salary electronically. Each month, your salary funds will be electronically deposited into your account. This way, you have immediate access to your salary and can pay for all your expenses in a timely manner.
Please note that the electronic funds transfer will only apply for your salary. Reimbursements for prescriptions, conferences, etc. will still be issued via the traditional check and mailed to your permanent address. It is very important, for this reason, that you update your advisor if you change your address at any time.
Travel Allowance / Ticketing
Students sponsored by the UAE University (along with their dependents) are entitled to annual roundtrip tickets from the UAE to the US or Canada. These tickets are issued from the UAEU in Al Ain, not the Washington, D.C. office.
If your son or daughter is born in the US or Canada during the course of your scholarship, he/she will be issued a one-way ticket to the UAE by the UAEU Office in Washington only once, for your first travel back to UAE after the baby’s birth. Please contact your advisor at least 30 days before your expected date of travel to learn how to obtain a ticket for your child.
Following is a list of the most frequently requested reimbursements and the documentation that is required to process your request.
- Regarding the conference, seminars and other meeting TAs are entitled to certain benefits depends in the approval decree it could be includes all or part of:
- Airline Ticket Or Transportation Expenses Per Diem 800 AED
- Hotel – Original hotel invoice with proof of payment. If paid by credit card, copy of the credit card receipt or bank statement is required.
- Medical RX/Prescriptions – Original Customer receipts issued directly from the Pharmacy.
- Eyeglasses/Exams – Original invoice is required from doctor’s office or agency performing the service. Proof of payment is also required.
Note: Maximum reimbursement for eyeglasses is $150.00 and for Contact Lenses $100.00
- Medical/Tuition/Miscellaneous Fees (Canadian) – All reimbursements requested from Canada required original invoices from the agency providing the service. If paid by credit card, a copy of the credit card receipt or bank statement is also required.