- The Embassy
- The UAE
- Business & Trade
- Travel & Culture
- UAE-US Relations
- UAE Nationals
Visa Requirements for US Citizens (Tourist Passport) to visit the UAE
No visas are required for American citizens (holder of regular passports) before arrival in the UAE, including US Citizens with visas or entry stamps from other countries in their passports. To ensure entry, please be sure you have the following:
- Original passport signed by the bearer, should not expire within six (6) months from the expected time of arrival in the UAE.
- Confirmed round-trip airline ticket or airline ticket to other destination(s).
Visas are available upon arrival at the airport and they are valid for one (1) month stay in the UAE. If you plan to stay longer, you can request more time from the immigration officer at the airport or contact the local immigration office in the UAE and request an extension.
U.S. Diplomatic & Official Visas
Requirements for U.S. Diplomatic and Official Visas
To apply for a Diplomatic visa, you must provide the following:
Two (2) completed application forms [PDF]. All application forms must be typed.
- The Particulars of Sponsor / Host in the UAE (e.g., U.S. Embassy in Abu Dhabi, U.S. Consulate in Dubai, etc.)
- Residence Address in UAE (e.g., Hotel, Family or friend’s house, etc.).
Original passport signed by the bearer, should not expire within three (3) months from the expected time of arrival in the UAE.
A copy of your passport and a copy of the application. (Please print in color)
Two(2) original passport-sized photos.
An original letter from one of the following concerned U.S. Departments (e.g., Dept. of State, Dept. of the Army, Dept. of the Navy, etc.) The letter must include:
Your position ( e.g., Colonel, Engineer, etc.) and the purpose of your visit.
Name and phone number of your point of contact in the UAE and confirm your sponsor during your stay in the UAE.
If you are sending the visa application through the mail please include a prepaid, self-addressed envelope with a tracking number (e.g., US Express mail, UPS, or FedEx, etc.).
- Visas requires prior approval from the UAE authorities and the Embassy requires a minimum of two (2) business days to issue the visa.
- This application will result in a multiple-entry visa, valid for five (5) years, with a maximum stay of (180) days in the UAE each time.