UAE Remains Largest U.S. Export Market in MENA Region for 9th Straight Year
6 February 2018
The United Arab Emirates remains the United States’ top export destination for the entire Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region for the ninth year in a row, according to the Census Bureau’s Foreign Trade Division at the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- The U.S. and the UAE conducted $24.3 billion in total bilateral trade
- The U.S. enjoyed a $15.7 billion trade surplus with the UAE – theUnited States’ 3rd largest globally
- U.S. exports to the UAE reached a total of $20 billion
- U.S. exports to the UAE supported 119K American Jobs*
- UAE exports to the U.S. reached a total of $4.3 billion
With one of the most open and innovative economies in the world, the UAE is a dependable and significant economic partner of the United States. Total bilateral trade doubled over the past decade, from $12.1 billion in 2007 to $24.3 billion last year. The UAE trades with all 50 U.S. states, supporting jobs across the country.
For more information on the 2017 trade figures, please see the U.S. Census Bureau’s U.S./UAE foreign trade balance report HERE.
*Calculated using the U.S. Department of Commerce jobs multiplier (5,967 jobs per $1 billion in exports)