Lost Foreign Passport with a Valid UAE Residency Permit
Those who hold a UAE residency visa, and have had their passports lost/stolen are required to do the following:
- Attest a police report (The report must contain the number of the lost passport).
- Apply for entry permission to be able to return to UAE.
Entry Permission Requirements
- A completed application form.
- A copy of the attested police report.
- An Arabic translation of the police report from a certified Arabic Translator.
- A copy of the old passport.
- A copy of the new passport. (The new passport must be a permanent passport valid for at least 5 years. Emergency passports are not accepted)
- A copy of the UAE residency permit.
- A cover letter to explain what happened and include the departure date from UAE and the expected date of your travel to UAE.
- A letter from the sponsor in Arabic that includes their confirmation to issue the entry permission for the applicant to return to resume his work.
- A colored photo size (2×2 inches) with white background.
- An application fee of $40.84 (money order, payable to the UAE Embassy plus the same separately for attesting the police report).
Featured Resources & Documents