Legalization of Documents
All documents must be submitted by hand or sent to the following address:
Embassy of the United Arab Emirates
3522 International Court, NW
Washington, DC 20008
The Embassy accepts money orders only issued in the U.S made payable to: The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates.
A prepaid, self-addressed return envelope or airway bill is required. Note: do not put the UAE Embassy as the return address. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill. Putting the UAE Embassy name or address anywhere on the envelope or airway bill will result in considerable delays.
The Embassy requires a minimum of 3 business days to process any document.
Please contact the UAE Embassy's Consular Section if you have any questions: (202) 243-2415.
Steps for the Legalization of Documents
- All legal documents need to be attested by the U.S Department of State prior to sending them to the UAE Embassy. For the US Department of State requirements, please call 202-647-4000 or visit their website.
Document must be attested separately
US Department of State
Visit or send the document to the US State Department Authentication Division in Washington DC.
Important: Please have the documents returned to you, not the UAE Embassy. This helps avoid the loss of documents during transit, and confirms that the Department of State processed your document.
Send or bring the authenticated documents along with these items to the UAE Embassy for final authentication:
- Money order with the appropriate fee (list below, fees are per document), payable to The Embassy of the United Arab Emirates. Please make sure to fill out the money order completely (Your name, address and phone number).
- If you send the documents, include a pre-paid self-addressed return envelope. Write your name and address for the sender and recipient of the return envelope or airway bill.
Fees (Per Document)
You can also process payments online through the E-payment Gateway found on the Ministry's main website. For convenience, we posted the links below.
If you choose to pay online, please be sure to bring your payment confirmation email and reference number with your documents.
To avoid any delay please make sure that the fees are appropriately calculated by the following steps:
- The invoice total full value before any deduction such as downpayment or discount.
- Educational document please make sure to follow the accreditaion guidelines as stated in our website under educational documents.
- Any legal document that has potential business transaction will be $544.59.
E-payment Gateway Services: Legal, corporate and individual documents.
E-payment Gateway Business Services: For invoices, please use the link below:
Corporate and Legal Documents
|Fee: $544.59 each||Fee: $544.59 each|
|General Power of Attorney||
Certificate of Good Standing
Free Sale Certificate/EP
|Distribution Agreement, Agency...etc||
|Article of Incorporation, Registration||
Financial Statement (if more than one year are included the fees will be charged $546.67per year)
|Authorization of Agent||
|Board Resolution||Certificate of Existence|
|Certificate of Incorporation||
|US Patent Application||
Change of Address
The UAE Embassy requests the following for educational documents:
In addition to the US Department of State attestation, please be advised that a Proof of Accreditation is required. The educational institution must be located in the US and regionally accredited by NEASC (CIHE), MSA (CHE), NCA (HLC), SACS (COC), NWCCU, or WASC (ACCJC-ACSCU). To show proof of regional accreditation, please visit the CHEA Database of Institutions and Programs and print your institution’s accreditation information.
Personal and Education Documents
|Fee: $40.84 each|
Education Document (diplomas, degrees). Documents must be separate
Birth Certificate, Fingerprints, etc.
Power of Attorney (Personal)
Certificate of Good Conduct
How do I get my diploma, university degree, transcript, birth certificate, death certificate, marriage license, police records, police report, personal power of attorney certified and attested?
If the document(s) is issued to you by a US government entity or a US institution, you must first have it authenticated by the US Department of State Office of Authentication in Washington, DC. Please review the US Department of State requirements for authentication. These include:
- Attest and certify the document(s) with a notary (notary public or notary at a local court).
- Have the document(s) legalized at the local Secretary of State office. Check the list of Secretaries of State to find one in your area.
For any questions about the above, please contact the US Department of State.
Once you have received your authenticated document(s) from the US Department of State, bring or mail the document(s) to the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates with a money order for the appropriate amount ($40.84 for each certificate) payable to UAE Embassy and a pre-paid return FedEx or express mail envelope. The mailing address of the UAE Embassy is:
Attn: Certification Office
3522 International Court, NW, Suite # 400
Washington. DC 20008
The Embassy does not provide recommendations for couriers. To find one in your area, please check the local phone book or search online.
If your document(s) is issued to you by:
- A government entity or institution outside the United States, please contact the UAE Embassy in that country. Please check the list of UAE embassies and consulates in other countries.
- The UAE and you need it certified for use in your home country, contact your home country’s embassy in the UAE. Please check the list of embassies and consulates in the UAE.
Can the Embassy recommend a service company that will help me legalize my document(s)?
No. The UAE Embassy does not give referrals or bear responsibilities for outside document service companies.