The Cultural Division at the UAE Embassy authenticates degrees, certificates, diplomas, grade reports, and transcripts completed at US and Canadian institutions. To authenticate document/s, please be advised that:
- The Cultural Division in the UAE Embassy authenticates only degrees, certificates, diplomas, and transcripts from postsecondary institutions recognized by Regional Accrediting Organizations.
- Programs, such as Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Education, Medicine, and others programs, have to be accredited by the appropriate Professional Accrediting Organization.
- Students are not allowed to take credits through Non-Traditional courses (online, correspondence, learning by distance, and independent studies) except in accordance with stated guidelines and after approval of the Cultural Division at the UAE Embassy.
- Credits taken at unapproved universities are not recognized and therefore will not be authenticated. (See section on accreditation for more information on approved institutions.)
- Undergraduate students can take a total of 12 credit hours by Non-Traditional courses, and Graduate students can take a total of 6 credit hours at the Masters level and 9 credit hours at the Doctorate level by Non-Traditional courses, only if the following conditions are met:
- All online, correspondence, learning by distance, and independent studies courses must be approved by the Cultural Division before the student enrolls in the course.
- Students must provide the Cultural Division with a letter from his/her home university describing the courses in detail.
- Online, correspondence, and learning by distance courses must be completed at an approved university. Independent Studies courses must be completed at the home university.
- Courses that were denied authentication will not be authenticated unless taken again, through traditional classroom attendance.
- Transfer of university/college must be within the country of sponsorship (United States or Canada).
Checklist of Documents Required for UAE Private Students
|1||Original final transcript. Please make sure that there is the word “Awarded or Completed” on your transcript and the date of completion.|
|2||Original diploma (and other documents you want to verify, e.g., letter of completion, letter of achievement, letter of enrollment verification).|
|3||Copies of any transfer work. Please provide a copy of transcripts from any other schools attended. Students can give their schools the Embassy's address below, to send transcripts directly.|
|4||A copy of your passport.|
|5||A return, prepaid envelope including your home address and phone number. Students may consider arranging for private delivery, through companies such as FedEx or DHL.|
|6||Fees: Money order or cashier check for the appropriate amount, made payable to BB&T Bank Card Corp. Please visit the web site below to determine cost (use the amount listed under “Retail and Corporate Level Users”). https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/secure_area/DegreeVerify/dv_ParticipatingSchools.asp|
|7||Please fill out, sign and return the release of information consent form.|
Embassy of UAE – Cultural Division
3522 International Court, NW, Suite 202
Washington, DC 20008
Attn: Ahmed Khalouki