Abu Dhabi Education Council
The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) was established in accordance with law No. 24 of 2005, issued by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, the UAE President, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces and the Ruler of Abu Dhabi. The Chairman of ADEC is H.H. Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces and the Vice-Chairman is H.H. Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, Minister of Presidential Affairs.
The Council seeks to develop education and educational institutions in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, implement innovative educational policies, plans and programs that aim to improve education, and support educational institutions and staff to achieve the objectives of national development in accordance with the highest international standards.
Role of the Abu Dhabi Education Council
- The council will develop education and educational institutions in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. It will provide technical assistance in this regard.
- The council will coordinate with the Ministry of Education in planning education strategies within the framework of the UAE’s general education policy.
- The council will conduct studies and make suggestions to develop education and vocational training and enhance the capabilities of educational institutions and their employees to advance with the general progress of the country.
- The council will provide technical and material assistance to educational institutions.
- The council will support relations between educational institutions and the private sector.
- The council will raise the standard of education and vocational training for graduates, providing them with training and exposing them to wider employment opportunities.
- The council will provide assistance, counseling and technical services to educational institutions and coordinate among these institutions to enable them to implement the education plans of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- The council will participate in establishing an educational database for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- The council will encourage the private sector to provide quality education services according to existing laws.