Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba Statement Regarding Announcement Between Israel and United Arab Emirates (13 August 2020)
"Today’s announcement is a significant advance for the region and for diplomacy. It immediately stops annexation and the potential of violent escalation. It maintains the viability of a two-state solution as endorsed by the Arab League and international community. It creates new dynamics and possibilities in the peace process. It bolsters the stability of Jordan.
It is a significant advance in Arab-Israeli relations that lowers tensions and creates new energy for positive change across the region. As two of the Middle East’s most dynamic economies and vibrant societies, closer UAE-Israel ties will accelerate growth and innovation, expand opportunities for young people, and breakdown long-held prejudices. It will help move the region beyond a troubled legacy of hostility and strife to a more hopeful destiny of peace and prosperity."
Read the full statement here.
Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba Statement on Growing Congressional Support for UAE-Israel Accord (20 August 2020)
"Thank you to Senators Ben Cardin (D-MD), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Bob Menendez (D-NJ) and Todd Young (R-IN) for their resolution praising the UAE-Israel Accord. We are also thankful to the more than 150 members of Congress who have welcomed this diplomatic breakthrough.
The UAE looks forward to working with Congress as we expand cooperation with Israel, deepen our collective relationship with the US, and together work to realize the full promise of this historic initiative."
Remarks by UAE Foreign Minister at White House UAE-Israel Peace Accord Signing Ceremony (15 September 2020)
"We are witnessing today a new trend that will create a better path for the Middle East. This Peace Accord, which is a historic achievement for the United States of America, the State of Israel, and the United Arab Emirates, will continue to have a positive impact, as we believe that its reverberations will be reflected on the entire region.
Every option other than peace would signify destruction, poverty, and human suffering. This new vision, which is beginning to take shape as we meet today for the future of a region full of youthful energy, is not a slogan that we raise for political gain, as everyone looks forward to creating a more stable, prosperous, and secure future. At a time when science is prevailing, the region’s youth are looking forward to taking part in this great humanitarian movement.
We are pleased that the United Arab Emirates will be part of the momentum towards stability and the growth of human potential, in a new civilized approach that opens wide the doors of opportunity for those who look towards peace, prosperity, and the future. Our societies today possess the foundations of modern human development, such as infrastructure, a solid economy, and scientific achievements that will enable them to advance the future of the Middle East."
Read the full remarks (as prepared) here.
Additional UAE Statements:
- Joint Statement of the United States, the State of Israel, and the United Arab Emirates (13 August 2020)
- Statement by His Highness the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan (13 August 2020)
- Freeze on annexation of Palestinian territories a significant diplomatic achievement: UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash (13 August 2020)
- UAE-Israel peace accord supported by 140 US Congress members, will bolster Palestinian cause: Yousef Al Otaiba (20 August 2020)
- Statement by the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (20 August 2020): The UAE has been flying the most advanced model of the US-made F-16 for more than 15 years. Facing new threats and more sophisticated adversaries, the UAE will continue to upgrade and improve its air defense capabilities. The F-35 has been part of these plans for more than six years. With the signing of the new accord and the added assurances it provides, the UAE expects closer security cooperation among all three countries including on air defense and systems.
- 'Accord courageous step towards more stable, integrated, prosperous Middle East': UAE, US, Israel say in joint statement (31 August 2020)
- UAE: We Seek a Warm Peace With Israel: Hend Al Otaiba (14 September 2020)
- ‘Peace. Shalom. Salaam’: Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (14 September 2020)
- UAE-Israel accord will revive Middle East peace process: Saqr Ghobash, Speaker of Federal National Council (15 September 2020)