The UAE Continues to be the Top MENA Destination for US Exports
February 15, 2022
The United Arab Emirates remains the United States’ top export destination for the entire Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region for the thirteenth year in a row, according to data released by the Census Bureau’s Foreign Trade Division at the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- The U.S. and the UAE conducted $23.03 billion in total bilateral trade
- The U.S. enjoyed a $11.13 billion trade surplus with the UAE – the United States’ 6th largest globally
- U.S. exports to the UAE reached a total of just over $17.08 billion, a 16.03% ($2.36 billion) increase from 2020
- U.S. exports to the UAE supported nearly 117K American Jobs*
- UAE exports to the U.S. reached a total of $5.95 billion, a 95.08 % ($2.9 billion) increase from 2020
*Calculated using the U.S. Department of Commerce jobs multiplier (5,095 per $1 billion in exports)
For more information on the 2021 trade figures, please see the U.S. Census Bureau’s U.S./UAE foreign trade balance report HERE.
For more information on the UAE/U.S. economic relationship, please visit the UAE Embassy’s website HERE.